What Are Premium IOLs?
Premium intraocular lenses (IOLs) are artificial lenses positioned within the eye during cataract surgery. IOLs replace a clouded natural lens (cataract) to improve your eyesight, along with a range of other vision problems. They function just like the natural lens of your eye and can also address refractive conditions, including myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), presbyopia (age-related farsightedness), and astigmatism (irregular corneal shape). In the past, monofocal or standard IOLs offered the only option for cataract surgery and lens replacement. Thanks to advancements in technology, premium lenses can make it possible to enjoy clearer vision at a range of distances, often without having to wear eyeglasses. At Rothchild Eye Institute, we are pleased to offer both standard and premium IOLs to meet the diverse needs of our patients. To explore your intraocular lens options, please contact our Delray Beach, FL practice and speak with our team today.
"I find Dr Rothchild and Specialists to be top notch, Considerate and caring. I never feel rushed."- E.S. / Google / Jul 12, 2021
"Very nice polite service"- S.R. / Google / May 20, 2021
"I’ve been a patient of Dr, Rothchild for several years. He is a very skilled, compassionate physician. He is genuinely interested in the well being of his patients. I have a complicated ophthalmic history and he has treated my numerous issues with great success. His office staff and technicians are very friendly and courteous. I would personally recommend this practice."- P.D. / Google / Apr 16, 2021
"The staff at Rothchild Eye Institute is exceptional starting with the front desk to the medical unit. I do not have any complaints about how service is rendered. They're very professional, courteous and well informed about their duties. We highly recommend Dr. Rothchild and his staff as a professional group to anyone with common eye disorders and diseases Jean-Marie Luxama Marie-Denise Luxama Jean-Daniel Jean-Baptiste"- J.L. / Google / Feb 27, 2021
"My first visit and the staff and doctor was a very pleasant one, that you Jennifer for making me feel very relax."- A.G. / Google / Feb 03, 2021
Types of IOLs
Our board-certified ophthalmologists have a vast amount of experience performing traditional and FEMTO laser-assisted cataract surgery. During the planning phase of your procedure, we will explain the various intraocular lens options and cataract surgery methods and help you select the one that best meets your vision requirements, lifestyle needs, and budget. The IOL options offered at Rothchild Eye Institute include:
- Multifocal IOLs: As premium lenses, multifocal IOLs can help improve your full-range vision and allow for sharper focus in near, intermediate, and distance focal zones. Our multifocal lens options include TECNIS® Multifocal, ReSTOR®, and PanOptix® IOLs. Multifocal lenses can reduce astigmatism and minimize your dependency on eyeglasses.
- Accommodative IOLs: Accommodation is a natural process through which the eye muscles bend the lens to enhance its optical abilities. Accommodative IOLs replicate this effect, flexing with your eye and increasing your ability to see clearly at varying distances. Our cataract specialists are skilled at placing Crystalens IOLs, which can address both clouded lenses and presbyopia.
- Extended Range IOLs: As a relatively new option, extended depths of focus IOLs enhance near and intermediate visual acuity in patients with presbyopia while maintaining distance vision. These premium lens options include TECNIS Symfony™ and ALCON Extended Range IOLs.
- Toric IOLs: Though they are monofocal lenses, toric IOLs still offer a premium solution for correcting myopia, hyperopia, and presbyopia. They also function to address astigmatism. TECNIS Toric, TECNIS Symfony® Toric, and PanOptix Toric are premium toric lens options available from our Delray Beach, FL team. With toric IOLS, you may still need to wear glasses for certain tasks.
- Standard IOLs: As a basic lens replacement option, standard IOLs are monofocal implants that correct for a singular focal point (generally distance). Though your vision will be clear, you will still likely need to wear glasses for performing normal daily activities.
TYPES OF INTRAOCULAR LENSES
Clearer Vision After Cataracts
Cataract surgery and the placement of intraocular lenses can bring dramatic changes to your vision and general well-being. We know that exploring your options for IOLs can be overwhelming and are here to help guide you in the process. If you are in need of cataract care, please contact Rothchild Eye Institute in Delray Beach, FL and schedule a consultation with our experienced ophthalmologists. Our practice proudly accepts several insurance plans, Medicare, and flexible CareCredit® financing plans.